Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fantastic February

I hate that I didn't post anything during the month of February! There were many great things that went on but with many activities going on, that leaves me very little time to sit and write.

My most favorite thing in February was celebrating my baby boy's 10th birthday. I am in awe that Austin is now 10! It truly seems like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital to complete our family. He is an amazing kid. He is full of life and he fills our home with so much laughter, life, and fun. When he is away at a friends house it is way too quiet!


He has a heart of gold that I am so proud of. He has come home from school several times to tell me that some kids are being unkind to other kids in his class. He goes on to tell me that he tries to take up for them and will sit with them when no one else will. I am so thankful for his sensitivity to those less fortunate or those who may seem different.


His birthday fell on a Saturday this year so we actually got to celebrate on his real birthday. He took 6 friends to the movies to watch Journey 2 Mysterious Island and then back to our house for cake and ice cream. The movie was great and all the boys seemed to really enjoy it.





Lots of gifts from family and friends!


February also brought us our first snow day.  It wasn't much of one, but one nonetheless.  It was nice to have a day off and the boys enjoyed the snow for most of the day.  It warmed up quickly so what started as snow, made quite a mess of mud when it was all said and done.  I am not sure how much I like snow days since I spend most of my day doing the laundry from the boys going out and playing and changing clothes multiple times.  But it is fun to have a day off to just play....and they are only kids once!
 They started on our little hill and eventually joined the rest of the neighborhood kids on the big hill across the street.  It wasn't super cold, so they spent a couple of hours out playing before coming in to eat....and then out again!




February also marked the end of Cole's basketball season. His team finished the year winning all the tournaments they entered and only had 3 losses. He played around 35 games. 



He played in the finals of the INBC tournament on the 25th. On the way I got very emotional as I realized we were going to his last non-school game or last "little-league" game. He will try out for the 7th grade team sometime in April. I have no doubt he will continue to play basketball well into high school but this was just another reminder that my babies are growing up.






For most of February we spent our time going back and forth between basketball and baseball.  It got very tricky for Cole but we are fully ready for baseball now!  It is funny how we all are ready for a change in sport as the current one comes to a close.  We are excited to get this baseball season underway.  We plan to go to McKinney, TX with Austin's team over Memorial Day weekend and then back to Grand Prairie, TX with Cole's team for a World Series in July.  


No comments:

Post a Comment