Well, we are on day 17 of a 21 day fast that was spear headed by our churchwww.woodlakeag.org. Larry and the boys gave up pop and I am doing the Daniel Fast. We did this last year, but I guess I didn't do it with the right intentions last year because this year seems very different. As a family we talked about what fasting was and as a family we decided on what we would be believing God for in our lives. I also, shared with Larry what I was believing for. And I can say that when the temptations come to break the fast, I just pray and believe God for what I am asking. Then it becomes much easier. And the temptations have come....baby shower at school with my favorite cake, cake pops for one of my student's birthdays, birthday dinner for my niece and brother-in-law that included my mother-in-laws yummy meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, homemade cinnamon rolls (that we only get a couple times a year) and of course Merrit's birthday cake. I was very good and only ate the green beans and carrots! This next week I will endure our January birthday luncheon which always has such yummy desserts and casseroles. This will come on day 19 or 21 days, so I will be strong and bring my lunch and stay out of the teacher's lounge!
My favorite part of this fast has been watching my boys. We don't let them have a ton of pop, but they do enjoy it. And they have been so great! Austin went with my dad to get gas before Cole's game last week. My dad was so amazed when he asked him if he wanted a drink. Austin's reply was "I am fasting pop, but I will take something else". Cole came to me last week and informed me he would be going to the AR party on Friday for going above his reading goal. He was concerned because it was a "pop and chip" party (6th graders' favorite things) and could he take a bottle of water for it. I quickly hugged him and said yes. I did tell him that if he had a little bit of pop as a reward for his hard work, then it would be ok. He said he would think about it. Who knows what he decided, but I was thrilled he was willing to be different from others because of his commitment.
I have no pictures of us to post, so I will post some of the yummy things I have been eating on this fast.
I made the broccoli with some yukon potatoes. I put olive oil and garlic salt on them. YUM!!!
And here is the first things I plan to make on Sunday!
I am ready to bake and eat cereal, but I know God will bring Breakthrough in my family's life....so I will be patient!






No comments:
Post a Comment