Thanksgiving this year started with the Hog Jog in Owasso. Cole and I ran the 5K and I also ran the mile fun run with Austin. I am proud of both of them! Larry went for moral support and was the photographer. It was a fun, new tradition we hope to continue!
Larry helping Austin get his race bib on.
At the starting line!
Ahead of me...big surprise!
Cole and I at the starting line for the 5K!
Believe it or not...this is the beginning of the 5K....my facial expression would tell otherwise!
Finishing...Cole was a couple of minutes ahead of me but I finished a personal best 27:47!
Both boys fell asleep in the car on the way home and then crashed on the couch and chair!
After the race we spent the rest of our Thanksgiving day at Jimmy and Joy's and then on to Ron's for 2 wonderful dinners! We love spending time with our families. And of course mom and I had to check out the Black Friday sales. I wasn't that inspired so we went to Walmart at 9:00 for their 10:00 specials and after price matching from Target and Best Buy we were home by 11:00! Larry and I then went out later on Friday to do some other shopping. A great Thanksgiving and soooooo much to be thankful for. God has blessed me beyond words!
Cole started basketball and has played 2 tournaments and one league game over the last 2 weeks. They are 8 and 8 and have 2 1st place medals! Great way to start the season!
1st Tournament and 1st Place!
Tip off Thanksgiving Hoopstarz Tourney
Cole waits on the free-throw shot.
Thanksgiving Hoopstarz 1st Place!
Austin received the Awesome Reading Award in November. I am proud of him for so many reasons but this makes his teacher mom very happy!
He looks so happy! He doesn't like to be up in front of people and the whole school was there!
Christmas is just around the corner and we are ready at home. We put the tree up on Wednesday before Thanksgiving but got it all decorated on Friday after Thanksgiving. I have found a new addiction in Pinterest, so who knows what other decorations may make their way into our home!
My mom made the comment "I can't believe you have a crimson and cream tree!" I responded with it is burgundy and light gold! It has inspired me to buy a tree after Christmas (hoping for 75% off) to put in our game room and decorate it in nothing but ORANGE and BLACK....Go Pokes! (Today is the Bedlam game so I had to get that in there!)
Our Advent Calendar inspired by Pinterest! I plan to add pictures of some of our family activities as we do them this month! Austin is so excited and it is rubbing off on Cole!

















No comments:
Post a Comment