Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Busyness!!!

Well, unfortunately I have not had much time to write much.  The busyness of Halloween, Cole and Larry's birthdays, football and now basketball has overtaken all of my free time (if I ever had any).

Halloween went something like this....

Me:  (a week or so before the big night) "Boys what do you want dress up as for Halloween?"

Both boys:  "Nothing...we don't want to go trick or treating."

Me:  (several times as the day approaches) "Are you sure you don't need anything to be able to dress up for Halloween?"

Both boys:  "Yes we are sure!"

4p.m. on Halloween night, Cole gets a text from his friend Riley who wants him to go trick or treating.  Cole says "I will just go as me".....ummm no.  So he quickly became a dirt bike rider.  I was  little sad because this was his first time to go trick or treating without his mommy :-(  But he had a great time with Riley and his mom and brother. I failed to take a picture so I found this one from a while back.


Well, that prompted Austin to want to call a friend and go trick or treating.  So after much drama and a little digging, he became a scary person!   We had a great time in the Vintage with friends.
That's my sweet boy on the far right!

On November 1st, my sweet Cole turned 12!  He is such a blessing to us and all those who meet him.  We were out of school on the 31st so we spent the day at the mall picking out a new phone.  He got a "hand-me-down" when school started in August and has been very responsible.  So for his birthday we upgraded...and since the cost for the monthly plan was the same whether he had a regular phone or an android phone, we caved and he really got an UPGRADE!  He loves to play the games.  He likes it so much and it is so much like an iPhone that he gave his brother his iPod touch.  Love that he was willing to let little brother feel some love!  Dinner was whatever he wanted and he requested chicken enchiladas, fried potatoes and brownies!  So that is what I made!  

Cole and Larry are 5 minutes away from sharing a birthday.  Cole came into this world at 11:55 p.m. on the 1st and Larry's birthday is the 2nd.  And I get asked "Couldn't you wait just 5 more minutes"....the answer was and is NO...I had no epidural and just wanted the pain to go away to see my sweet baby!  And now I am glad they both have their own day!  But Larry doesn't mind sharing the attention!  Especially this year.  It was the big 40!!!
This was at Uncle Ron's for Meme's birthday dinner.  His friend birthday party will be in a couple of weeks!  Paintball Land!!!

Football is coming to an end.  They have 1 more practice and 1 more game.  Unfortunately due to a crazy way of running playoffs in the CFL, we are playing for the Silver Ball.  Larry is not a fan of the way this went, but he is making the best of it by saying he needs to add a Silver Ball to his collection of Gold!  So, on Saturday, we hope to bring it home!  

1 comment:

  1. I for one am happy they ended up trick-or-treating! They would be all grown up if they didn't go!

    ReplyDelete